BAföG - the easiest way to finance your studies!
本页现阶段只提供英语版本，中文版本会尽快上线。BAföG (Federal Education and Training Assistance Act)
BAföG (Federal Education and Training Assistance Act) is a federal subsidized student loan program providing financial assistance to students. Students who qualify for BAföG receive a monthly amount of money during the course of their studies to help meet the cost of living. In return, the student repays this sum in installments five years after her/his graduation.
Please note that most international students are not eligible for BAföG. Students who wish to receive BAföG must meet the following requirements:
- be low-income and/or come from a low-income family (as outlined in the BAföG mandate),
- be married to a German citizen,
- be a German citizen, or
- permanent resident in Germany (student status does not qualify), or
- a refugee, stateless individual or person in political asylum (as defined by the government), or
- an EU or EEC citizen who resided permanently in Germany or who pursued employment or vocational training in Germany prior to beginning her/his studies in Germany
- However, in this last case, the student’s former employment or training must be related to her/his present field of study
The BAföG Service is open for you: Monday - Friday: 10:00-14:00 o'clock
If you feel you may qualify for BAföG, please confer the German BAföG pages
for more information.
To international students financial assistance is available in the form of short-term loans
and final degree loans
. Please confer the corresponding web page.